The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) believes that unique and specialized services should be available to all people, regardless of ethnicity, heritage, faith, gender, culture, age, social and financial status, ability, or sexual orientation. To improve our services, reduce barriers, and increase inclusivity and accessibility, SACE has a Diversity and Inclusion Program dedicated to working collaboratively with community partners.
The Diversity and Inclusion team works in collaboration with service providers, settlement workers, community agencies, front-line workers, and diverse community groups at the grassroots level to build relationships, identify existing barriers, and promote community capacity building.
The committees and partnerships SACE is involved with include:
- ACT Alberta
- Chrysalis Society – An Alberta Society for Citizens with Disabilities
- Edmonton Addiction Youth Services
- Elizabeth Fry Society and Fort Saskatchewan Correctional Centre
- EFVC (Ethnocultural Family Violence Committee)
- EYOC (Edmonton Young Offenders Centre)
- Family Violence Prevention Proclamation Event Committee
- LIT (Lives In Transition)
- Millwoods Cultural Diversity Collaborative
- PARIVAAR (Peaceful Alliance Rejecting Injustice Violence and Advocating Respect)
- RAYE (Rainbow Alliance for Youth of Edmonton)
- REACH Edmonton (Newcomers Consent Video Project)
- Senior Immigrant Project
- SEWG (Sexual Exploitation Working Group)
- Temple Beth Ora Synagogue (Body Image from a Jewish Perspective)
- Youth Attendance Centre
If you have a concern, question, or suggestion related to diversity and inclusion at SACE, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.