Our Space & Accessibility
To help you plan your visit to SACE, here is some information about our space and services.
- Transit: SACE is located on Bus Route 129 (peak hours). The closest bus stops are 5508 (Westbound) and 5136 (Southbound), both a block away. Other routes include 3, 122, and 126, all along 118 Ave. Plan your route through the Edmonton Transit Service Trip Planner
- SACE offers free bus tickets to clients who need them. If you require transportation support, call or email us, or talk to your counsellor or our receptionists when you arrive
- Parking: limited parking in the front lot with 2 stalls reserved for those with accessibility needs, with additional parking on the street
- DATS drops off and picks up from the front door
*Please note SACE is at the end of a renovation process, and at this time the upstairs doors are not automatic. Someone will be at reception at all times to provide support with the doors if needed. Please call SACE if you have questions about accessibility during this time.
- Ramp to building front door
- The outside doors are automatic, however the upstairs SACE office doors are push-only.
- Someone is at reception at all times to assist with this if needed
- There is an elevator to the second floor, and hallways and doors can accommodate mobility devices
- Fully accessible single-stall washroom, in addition to gendered stalled washrooms
- All mobility devices can be accommodated at SACE
- We have staff who are able to provide counselling in languages other than English, including French, Hindi and Spanish. For any languages not spoken by our counsellors we will do our best to arrange for an interpreter to attend the sessions.
- Signage in the building does not include braille
- The SACE website is screen reader compatible
- Education sessions can be customized to meet the needs of speakers of English as a Second Language, and people with developmental disabilities. See Public Education – For Adults.
- We do our best to maintain a scent-free space at SACE, however some of the products used in the building may cause aggravation for those with sensitivities.
- We have a Therapy Dog named Nanuq who comes to SACE once a week. Nanuq generally only spends time in her owner’s counselling office; however, her presence may cause aggravation for those with allergies to pets. If this is a concern, please call our main office line before coming to SACE and we will be happy to discuss how we can accommodate your needs.
- If you are concerned about fluorescent lighting, please call our main office line before coming in to SACE. We are happy to accommodate lighting needs.