We’re hiring a Financial Assistant. This is a full-time 8 to 12 week contract position under the supervision of the Financial Administrator, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. All work at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) will reflect the mission statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. SACE is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence. We offer a friendly and warm work environment and are looking for someone in this position to work weekly Monday to Thursday. Flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends is a requirement.
- Processing accounts receivable;
- Monitoring and recording all online donations, acknowledging donations, and preparing tax receipts and thank you letters;
- Assisting with preparation of bank deposits;
- Processing accounts payable invoices;
- Filing accounts receivable and accounts payable manually and electronically;
- Supporting the Financial Administrator in tracking program expenses and analysis of program funding budgets;
- Assisting Financial Administrator with year-end audit information and documentation as required;
- Filing documents;
- Other appropriate duties as assigned or requested by the Financial Administrator and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment (this position is being funded through Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program, specifically aimed at employment for youth);
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Bookkeeping and/or accounting training and experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software;
- Intermediate experience with Excel and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on-site in the SACE office.
The ideal candidate:
- Is adaptable;
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Is comfortable working collaboratively with other staff as well as independently;
- Has experience or interest in working at a non-profit organization.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter outlining why you think you are the right candidate for this position, with a resume, and three (3) professional references. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, members of Black, racialized or visible minority communities, Indigenous Peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: May 9, 2021
Position start date: June 1, 2021
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn: Selection Committee – Financial Assistant.
We thank all who apply; only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.