Updated April 16, 2020
Dear clients, volunteers, and community members,
The SACE physical office may be closed, but we are still offering services to people who have been impacted by sexual violence.
- SACE staff members are working remotely from home, and can be reached through email. If you need to connect with us, send an email to email@example.com and we will ensure that your correspondence is forwarded to the appropriate staff member. Please note, we do not have access to our office phones or voicemails at this time.
- Our team is hard at work creating digital learning opportunities (such as a Digital Workbook for CALM 20 classes) and support resources. These will be shared on our website and social media platforms in the coming weeks.
- We are also working hard to get digital support group options up online.
- The Counselling team is offering virtual sessions to clients who have access to technology and feel this is a good fit for them.
- We continue to complete intake appointments for new clients who would like to access counselling. To book an intake appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The SACE Support and Information Line continues to operate from 9 am to 9 pm daily at 780.423.4121. You can also chat with one of our trained volunteers on our website or call or text Alberta’s One Line for Sexual Violence at 1.866.403.8000.
We’d like to express our sincerest gratitude to our community for your understanding, compassion, and support during this difficult time, and we look forward to the day when we can return to providing in-person services.
Other support options include:
Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre Crisis Line: call or text 1.866.956.1099 (24/7)
Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters Line (to connect to your local shelter): 1.866.331.3933 (24/7)
Distress Line: 780.482-4357 (24/7)
Mental Health Help Line: 1.877.303.2642 (24/7)
Family Violence Info Line: 780.310-1818 (24/7)
Kids Help Phone: 1.800.668.6868 or text CONNECT to 686868 (24/7)
Children’s Mental Health Crisis & Response Team: 780.427.4491 (visit their website for hours of operation)
Child Abuse Hotline (including reporting suspected child abuse): 1.800.387.KIDS (5437) (24/7)
LGBT Youthline: 1.800.268.9688 (2 – 7:30 pm MT Sunday-Friday)
Trans Lifeline: 1.877.330.6366 (24/7)
Indigenous Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1.855.242.3310 (24/7)
Islamic Family & Social Services Association Helpline: 780.900.2777 (10 am – 10 pm)
Nisa Homes (long-term shelters for Immigrant, Refugee and Muslim women): 1.888.456.8043
Information and referral to services: call 211 or visit www.ab.211.ca