This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Director of Client Care Services in the Clinical Services Department. The Client Care Advocate provides telephone and face-to-face client intakes, information and referrals, client support, and crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault.
All work at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. SACE is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
We offer a friendly and warm work environment and are looking for someone in this position to work weekly Monday – Thursday. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a requirement.
- Providing telephone and face-to-face client intakes, information and referrals, client support, and crisis intervention, including crisis appointments and walk-in appointments.
- Provide follow-up wellness check-ins with clients who are experiencing barriers in consistently accessing SACE services, such as no-show’s and late cancellations.
- Coordinating resources and services for individuals impacted by sexual violence, including for clients’ non-offending family members.
- Maintaining comprehensive client records and files as outlined in the College of Alberta Psychologists Standards of Practice, using the Electronic Medical Record program, Titanium Scheduling.
- Maintain and submit program statistics as required by funding and program requirements.
- Assist in the provision of group facilitation when necessary as directed by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Attend staff meetings, departmental group supervision, staff in-services, remain ingrained on current literature and counselling methods, and where appropriate, adapt crisis intervention skills to reflect changes as determined by the Director of Clinical Services and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or the Director of Clinical Services.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Completed or in-progress Master’s level degree in clinical social work or other relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered where an applicant has significant experience with trauma, and sexual violence.
- Experience providing crisis intervention to clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of the assessment and treatment issues surrounding the effects of sexual violence.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a trauma and client-centered approach.
- Has experience providing intake, crisis intervention, and working directly with people affected by sexual violence.
- Is highly adaptable.
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Is able to work and develop relationships with a wide range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
- Is comfortable working collaboratively with other staff and organizations.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter outlining why you think you are the right candidate for this position, with a resume and 3 professional references. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
SACE strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community that we work in and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including traditionally underrepresented groups.
Closing Date: September 11, 2019. Interviews week of September 16, 2019.
Position Start Date: Flexible, though candidate must be available for training evenings on September 24, and 26th from 6 to 9 p.m., as well as September 28th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Position End Date: September 2020, with possibility of extension.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn: Selection Committee – Client Care Advocate.
We thank all who apply; only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.