We’re hiring two Client Care Advocates – Transition Support!
This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Director of Client Care in the Clinical Services Department.
The Client Care Advocate – Transition Support position provides telephone and face-to-face client intakes, information and referrals, client support, and crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault. Additionally, this position provides as-needed readiness assessments for individuals seeking counselling, resourcing and referrals to support safety and stability when entering counselling, and support around transition to other care services at the time of termination of counselling.
All work at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. SACE is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
We offer a friendly and warm work environment and are looking for someone in this position to work weekly Monday – Thursday. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a requirement. Exceptions to these hours are made to accommodate program demands or when otherwise approved by the Director of Client Care and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Providing telephone and face-to-face client intakes, information and referrals, client support, and crisis intervention, including crisis appointments and walk-in appointments.
- Provide assessment of and support for readiness to commence counselling, including supporting clients to access appropriate resources and referrals to address access barriers.
- Support clients nearing the end of counselling at SACE to access other appropriate resource and referrals to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinating resources and services for individuals impacted by sexual violence, including for clients’ non-offending family members.
- Maintaining comprehensive client records and files as outlined in the College of Alberta Psychologists Standards of Practice, using the Electronic Medical Record program Titanium Scheduling.
- Maintain and submit program statistics as required by funding and program requirements.
- Assist in the provision of group facilitation when necessary as directed by the Clinical Directors.
- Attend staff meetings, departmental group supervision, and staff in-services and remain ingrained in current literature and counselling methods and where appropriate, adapt crisis intervention skills to reflect changes as determined by the Director of Client Care, Clinical Directors, and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Director of Client Care, Clinical Directors, and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Social Work;
- Registration as a Social Worker;
- Experience providing crisis intervention to clients;
- Knowledge and understanding of the assessment and treatment issues surrounding the effects of sexual violence;
- Competency in assessing readiness for counselling;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports, including community counselling options, resources that support basic needs, and other resources relevant to safety and stabilization needs.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a trauma-informed and client-centred approach;
- Has experience providing intakes and crisis intervention, and working directly with people affected by sexual violence;
- Has experience assessing client readiness for services;
- Is highly adaptable;
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Is able to work and develop relationships with a wide range of people, both within and outside of the organization;
- Is comfortable working collaboratively with other staff and organizations.
What SACE offers:
- A competitive salary commensurate with accreditation;
- Full health benefits paid by SACE (extended health, dental, and drugs) for staff and dependents;
- A four-day work week, Mondays through Thursdays, and closed every Friday;
- Generous paid vacation time (starting with three weeks);
- Additional two-weeks’ paid annual office closure over the winter holiday break, usually aligning with school district closures;
- Currently offers a hybrid home/office work model;
- A work culture that values collaboration, respect, and kindness;
- Strong focus on staff wellness and work-life balance;
- Generous staff professional development hours and budget;
- Staff appreciation days;
- Mileage reimbursement for community work;
- Open door policy.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, members of BIPOC communities, members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility: We understand that clients who have accessed our services may want to work at SACE, and ask that it has been at least two years since your last engagement with either counselling or Support and Information Line services before applying. It is important that our Directors of Clinical Services do not feel that your employment with SACE would in any way compromise your healing, or create an ethical dilemma regarding a dual relationship with your previous counsellor.
Closing date: Friday, December 8, 2023
Interview dates: Interviewees will be contacted by December 11, 2023 to book a half-hour phone interview during that week. Full interview will be conducted on Monday, December 18, 2023. The successful candidate will be informed by December 22, 2023.
Position start date: Monday, January 15, 2024
To apply: Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter outlining why they think they are the right candidate for this position, with a resume, and three (3) professional references (name, email contact, and their role at the shared workplace). Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Please send applications to email@example.com, Attn: Selection Committee – Client Care Advocate – Transition Support
We thank all who apply; only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.